In today’s times in India, medical technology has found answers to almost all physiological and cosmetic problems and hair loss is one of them. Hair is one aspect about which most people are very sensitive; good hair, good skin and good figure are regarded as the major criteria for an attractive appearance; hence, most people generally look upon any loss or depletion of hair as a personal crisis. It is a fact that hair does start thinning for everybody with advancing age; however, for young and middle-aged people, it is certainly worthwhile to explore options for hair restoration.
In India, Hair transplantation has become one of the most popular methods of addressing hair loss and is also called hair replacement or hair restoration. Hair transplantation is a surgical procedure and, as is the case with all other surgeries, is a very individual decision based on the patient’s age and other conditions. In fact, anyone planning hair transplant needs to have a detailed consultation with the transplant surgeon to discuss expectations, possibilities and risks. The majority of hair transplant aspirants in India are men, who experience severe thinning of hair leading to baldness. Women are also candidates for hair transplant, but not often because they normally experience only thinning of hair and not loss of hair in patches as men do. Sometimes a hair transplant may be needed as reconstructive surgery in cases of burns or trauma.
Hair Transplant Surgery:
Baldness or loss of hair is a common problem in mostly males but can also be seen in females. Hair transplantation refers to the surgical movement of permanent hair with its roots to an area of bald or balding skin. Hair transplantation is an effective and permanent solution for hair loss.
Effects of Hair Transplant Surgery:
In almost all cases of so-called “male-pattern baldness”, there is a permanent fringe of hair along the side and back of the scalp. This hair demonstrates “donor dominance”. This means it will grow permanently even if it is moved to an area which is bald or balding.
Procedure of Hair Transplant Surgery:
A typical hair transplant procedure has at least six steps:
2. Blood Tests
4. Extraction of donor hair
5. Implanting of donor hair
6. Post operative care
1) When it comes to hair transplant Surgery, the consultation usually receives the least amount of attention. However, since this is first step in the process and the one in which you alone will play the largest part, the consultation is perhaps the most important step for the individual. The information exchanged during this meeting will outline your goals and expectations for the outcome of the procedure. The information you receive during this consultation is the only factor you have in choosing either the right clinic or the wrong clinic for you.
2) Once you have decided on a clinic and scheduled an appointment, most clinics require blood tests to be performed as required by law. These blood tests will take place approximately 24 to 48 hours before your surgery.
3) After your blood tests are confirmed, the doctor can begin your procedure. Each clinic will give you certain instructions to follow before your surgery which will probably include not taking an aspirin product before the surgery, and not to eat or drink 12 hours prior to surgery. The day of your procedure, patients might be given a small sedative to take. This will help to relax you before the surgery and calm your nerves.
Using a local anesthesia, the doctor will numb the recipient area and donor area. This is the only time patients will feel pain which can range from a mild discomfort for some patients to very painful for others. Women tend to endure this step better then man due to their higher capacity for pain.
4). Once the anaesthesia has taken affect, the doctor can remove the donor hair grafts which is done using one of two methods in common practice today.
The single strip harvest method is the traditional and most widely used method. A scalpel containing 2 or more blades mounted in parallel is used to cut strips of donor tissue 10 to 20 cm long. The donor strip is then carefully divided into follicular units under a microscope and surgical light. In order to remove this strip, you will have to lay on your stomach so doctors can get a topside view of your donor area.
While the donor strip is being divided and counted into micro grafts, the doctor will suture the donor area together. A number of new techniques have been introduced lately to minimize scarring in this region.
The Follicular Unit Extraction method is another technique some doctors used to harvest donor hair. In this labor intensive technique, doctors use a small punch-like circular scalpel to remove follicular units one at a time.
5) Following the suturing of your donor area or the Follicular Unit Extraction step, you will recline comfortably in the surgery chair as the medical team begins preparing your hair loss affected area for the follicular unit hair grafts to be implanted.
This step involves making tiny incisions or apertures with a small gauged needle or scalpel in the recipient area. These tiny incisions are where your scalp will receive the new grafts of hair.
Often, a hair transplant team will work together -one making the recipient incision while the other implants the new grafts.
It’s during this step in the hair transplant process that the experience and care of the doctor are most needed. The pattern in which the grafts are implanted must appear natural and care is taken by the doctor to insure blood flow to the new grafts. Your hair transplant doctor will be looking at your recipient incisions and must invision in his mind how the hair will look as it grows in over the next 12 months and last for the next 20 years.
Depending on the number of grafts you are having implanted, the entire procedure can last from 2 to 4 hours.
6) Once the medical team has finished implanting the grafts, the procedure is basically over with. The clinic may keep you there for another hour or so to allow time for the sedative and anesthia to wear off. During this time, your doctor will then go over your post op surgery care with you. He will write you prescriptions for pain, swelling and infection and give you careful instructions on how to take care so that you do not damage the newly implanted hair grafts.
Advantages of Hair Transplant Surgery:
•Transplanted Hair Looks and feels natural unlike wig and concealer.
•Transplanted hair remain undetectable among the other hair.
•Transplanted hair grows and keeps growing permanently unlike the hair of wig and the regrown hair by Medication.
•Do not require extra maintenance or care unlike wig, which require lifetime care.
•The Transplanted hair can be cut, colored and styled as well.
•Transplantation normally has one time expense unlike medication or wig which require lifetime expense.
•It is a One day Procedure performed by numbing your skin so you can talk with doctor, watch TV, listen to music, read, take a nap, have lunch and juice and even go to toilet!
•No bandages at the end.
•You can take shoulder bath from same day and can shampoo your hair from 3rd day.
•You can even do light office work from second day.
•If you are from out station you may travel back same or the next day minimum follow-up is required thereafter.
To know more about affordable and low cost Hair Transplant Surgery in India-please visit the Website
Medical Tourism to India – http://www.forerunnershealthcare.com
International Patient Experiences – http://www.forerunnershealthcare.com/international.php
Contact Number- 0091-98607-55000.